Sunday, June 24, 2012

V/A Kampf Den Hirnfickern Tape


Bizarre title for this late 80's comp. tape, released by Unter Schwarzer Flagge Antimedien from Ahlen, Germany.
Quite an eclectic mix here.
Contains 2 tracks of Belgium's Dawn Of Liberty.
German punk is presented by Gunsch, L'Attentat, Erotischer Stuhlgang and P.O.Y. (Power Of Youth).
Poland's Dezerter deliver 'Kollabosong'.
Angor Wat from Norway bring us 1 live track.
Another live track is from The Ex.
Familie Kalaschnikov and The Violent Word have a postpunk sound. Don't know where the latter is from.
We get into experimental territory with Kämpfende Herzen, Reibach and Frankfurt's Solanaceae Tau, who released a lot of tapes, mostly on their own Nihilistick Noise label.

Kampf Den Hirnfickern

5 comments:

Douchess of York said...

Let me be the first to thank you for that one..!

DD

Curious Guy said...

Always welcome DD.

Anonymous said...

Eclectic? Perhaps... But those days scenes were not so much devided. I've always like different styles and never wanted to commit to just one fraction. I'm what one would call straight-edge but some one my best mates are crusties e.g. I like Minor Threat but I also like Doom, I'm fond of melodic 77 punk but also of thrash, ska, 60s soul, etc. etc.
Cheers
Brob

Douchess of York said...

Do you happen to have any info on The Violent Word? They have a nice goth feel...

DD

Curious Guy said...

Sorry DD? it was the 1st time I 've heard that band myself. This tape probably came with a booklet so I should ask Brob to search for it.
Eclectic wasn't meant in a negative way. I really like this tape for it's diversity. I think the compiler was more interested in the political (anarchist) background of the bands here than musical style. But I know some punks are quite narrow-minded when it comes to music so I know, for them, there's some stuff here that they don't care for.