Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kwik Way - s/t LP


Don't know anything about this band. They were from Berkeley, CA and this mini-album is the only release I know of. Released in 1986 on their own Golden Star Records label.
'Whatever' is an instrumental track. 'Bald' is a funny song and a stab at hardcore's unwritten rules about haircuts. 'Nations Capital' attacks straight edge preaching. There's some freak-out stuff at the end of side B which isn't mentioned on the record. It ends with a reprise of 'Don't Stop'.

Note: tracks 2 & 3 ripped as one.


1. Go Die
2. Geezers
3. Nations Capital
4. Bald
5. Whatever
6. Don't Stop (Till U Get Enuf)
7. Urban Wildlife
8. Pacifica On Saturday
9. Drink And Drive
10. Plane Trooth
11. Untitled

Link removed. There's a discography CD released in 2008 (I didn't know).
I did a quick check for availability and found it for sale on CD Baby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

An official Kwik Way discography CD came out in 2008, produced by members of the. They are selling it very cheaply. $5, I think. Anyhow, if you like this, you should probably look for the CD, buy it and support the band. In general, I am not into downloads of stuff that is legitimately available, but I am guessing this blogger did not know. Please keep posting the obscure, rare, out of print stuff and leave the still-available stuff alone for the sake of the the bands, labels, distributors and indie stores who are dying off.

Curious Guy said...

Thanks for your comment. I really didn't know so I'm going to take down the link 'cos I fully agree with your opinion.

kennyhel77 said...

Man I don't have this and cannot afford it right now!!
Ken

Anonymous said...

Save up, you cheap fukwad.

Anonymous said...

wtf man..
this IS rare and obscure for me cuz i live in PORTUGAL and there's no possible way for me to buy the discography cd..
anyways it doesn't matter cuz i found it on another blog :P